Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Back 2 School

School started on August 1st and it has been a wonderful start to a new year.  I met 100% of my homeroom during Open House, most of my paperwork has already been submitted to the administrative staff, and I am ready to get right into the learning tomorrow.  This by far is the largest class of gifted learners I have taught since I first started teaching gifted learners a few years ago.  I am even more excited about the potential wrapped up in each student as we get ready to start our PBLs.

Usually I spend the summer tweaking projects from the previous year; however, this summer was a bit different for me as it was the first time (in a really long time) that I was on vacation the entire summer.  So I will work on tweaking those projects in the coming weeks. I have time to get it done since I am busy teaching students how to do well in my class right now through various strategies.

This week is an ice breaker week for my students.  I want to decrease the anxieties they may have about physical science so I will be starting my year with a concept that most of them should be familiar with because they learned the basics of it in elementary school.

Well on to my first full week at school...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...